let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Take a serious look at this 5 Bed, 4 Bath, 3500sf. home on 2 levels with a Legal 1 bedroom suite down. You can take immediate possession of this great view home. It features high end finishing with engineered hardwood floors, cost efficient gas furnace, hot water on demand, commercial grade appliances & high output heat pump for air conditioning in the summer. The bright open kitchen offers a gas range, dual ...
Opportunity to own a turn key business in a desireable location of downtown, Victoria. This local cafe delivers a photography theme and serves brunch, lunch, dessert and drinks. 1336 SqFt with an upper dining area. Tremendous rating of 4.9/5 stars based on Google reviews. High pedestrian and tourist traffic. Parking located just behind the building and plenty of street parking. Please do not approach owner an...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
You have to take a look at this 2600 sf. 4 bedroom + den, 4 bathroom home (including suite) built in 2012. It sits on a 5900 sf. lot with a large fenced back yard located on a quiet cul de sac, a mere 4 minute drive to Sooke town centre. This great family home features 9 foot ceilings, custom cabinets, laminate flooring, stainless steel appliances, large windows for lots of natural light, great air conditioni...
Do you want value ? This home is priced at 929,000 in a neighbourhood of million $ + homes. The neighbourhood is Sentinel Ridge, one of the most desirable and sought after areas of Mill Bay. This incredible home sits on a 16,550 sf. lot and offers over 3300 sf. of living space with a very smooth floor plan. Large windows let in large amounts of light that give the home an open feeling. The kitchen features ti...
3500 sf. 4 bed 3 bath custom built home in the popular Sentinel Ridge area of Mill Bay. 4 vehicle garage, Large 4' & 6' high crawl space. Manicured 14,000 sf. yard with covered BBQ patio area in the private back yard with in-ground sprinkler system. The house was built to the highest standards, you won't see finishing like this in very many homes. Wide plank engineered hardwood flooring, wainscotting, vaulted...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015